Email marketing is effective. It can deliver instant results.
However, there are many pitfalls when sending emails out to your list. The three big issues that we have encountered when clients try to send bulk email from Outlook or their standard email application are:
- Sending out poorly formatted emails, thereby ruining your brand.
- You could spam people and thereby get blacklisted as a spammer. Then you can’t send any legitimate emails!” Ugh, your IT person will love you.
- Clients don’t get their emails actually delivered, therefore your message is not actually read/received.
If you want to send out bulk/mass emails, even if to your own clients/friends, we highly recommend using a service such as:
- www.mailchimp.com (Our Preferred Application)
- …or other similar web sites.
The good news is the cost of these services is very minimal, as low as $10
per month. Sounds too good to be true, but it is real cheap and effective.
Moreover, they have many distinct advantages from sending it
from Outlook or your email application. The advantages of using a service
for sending out bulk email is the following:
- Delivery Rates will be Much Higher
- No Blacklisting of your main email
- Delivery Reports & Opening Reports
- Tracking of Results
- Template Designs for Better Conversion and Branding
- 1-to-1 Sending (No BCC: or CC: Required)
- Easy to Use System
- No Headaches
- Complies with CAN-SPAM Federal Law
- Cost Effective Solution
- Your emails are formatted nicely
- Your emails are tested in all email applications with standard templates
So there you go. Use a service to send out bulk emails, get higher delivery results, get a better brand, and get better results. Oh yeah, don’t get listed as a spammer.