Website Data Transfer Service
Law firms often need to transfer their website content to a new website and the process can be time-consuming and tedious. Our manual data transfer service is designed to make this process easier for you. Here's how we can help:
What is Included
- WordPress website transfer: We are experienced in working with various Content Management Systems (CMS) including WordPress. We can help you transfer website content from your old website to your new website. We will ensure that your website content is transferred accurately and efficiently, so that your new website is up and running as quickly as possible.
- Organize all website copy to transfer: We will organize your website content making it easier to transfer to your new website. This will involve reviewing your existing website and categorizing the content based on its type, such as blog posts, pages, images, and videos. We will then ensure that each piece of content is transferred to the appropriate location on your new website.
- Transfer images and videos and files: We will transfer all images, videos, and files, ensuring that they are ready for your new website. We will also ensure that all links to these files are updated so that they continue to work on your new website.
- Spot check to make sure all data is transferred to the new website: We will perform spot-checks to ensure that all content has been transferred accurately. This will involve reviewing your new website to ensure that all text, images, and videos have been transferred correctly. We will also test all links to ensure that they are working properly.
- We make your life easy, so you can concentrate on other tasks: We understand that transferring website content can be time-consuming and stressful. That's why we're here to help. Our team of experts will take care of the entire process for you, from start to finish. This will allow you to focus on other important tasks, such as running your law firm.
In summary, our manual data transfer service is designed to make the process of transferring your website content to a new website as easy and stress-free as possible. We work with various CMS, organize your website content, transfer images and videos and files, spot-check to ensure all data is transferred accurately, and make your life easy so that you can focus on other tasks.
Contact us today for a free estimate and learn more about our service.
Every data transfer project is unique. Some will involve manual transfer of all copy, some will involve data queries with import/exports, and some will involve a hybrid. We can get you an estimate if you let us know the following information:
- Current Website
- URL of Current Website?
- Current Content Management System (CMS)?
- # of Pages Estimated to Transfer (10, 100, 1000, 10000)?
- Types of Files, Videos, Photos to transfer? Anything odd?
- Do you have access to the current database and files directly?
- Do you have access to your current CMS login and admin privileges?
- New CMS
- New Content Management System (CMS)?
- Site structure and difference from current site?
- Are all assets being transferred?
- Does the new site have new URLs and page names?
- Do you need redirects for each new URL?
- Do you have new content in addition to existing?
- Is the content all organized nicely?
- What is your timeline to launch?
- Do you need us to review every page or spot check?
- Do you have an anticipated budget?
As an estimate, we have run data transfer projects from as little as $500 for small websites of 50 pages or less. We have also run thousands of page transfers of $5,000+ for major projects. Most projects fall between those numbers, but depend on size.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I do a website content data transfer in-house?
You can, but factor in the cost and time. At a minimum, it takes 1 minute to transfer a page of copy that is simple (headline, copy, title tag, and maybe a link). If you have photos, videos, and other assets, then increase the time to 3 to 5 minutes per page. So if you have a 1,200 page website that you need to manually transfer, this would be a 20 hour data transfer. Factor in more time for learning the system, organization and checking work. Factor in more time for redirects too. So a 1,200 page site could easily be 40 hours of total work to transfer. You can do the math on your team’s salary and hourly rates for a full week of work.
- Will there be any loss in data?
As part of our service, we backup the existing website in full using a program that grabs a complete copy of your current visible website. So long as the asset is linked on the menu or internal link, the program should save a copy. In the event the page, or asset, is not transferred to the new website, we can obtain the old website materials from that archive copy. We also recommend that you send over the existing website credentials, so we can backup the database and files for archive. This way you have a complete copy of your prior website.
- How long does this take?
A typical data transfer can take approximately a few days to a few weeks, depending on the schedule, amount of data, and number of review rounds.
- Do you check all the pages?
It depends on the project and quote. If you want us to check all pages that the data team transfers with a second set of reviews, we can. However, that greatly increases the rate depending on the project scope. What we usually do is spot check every 10th page. If we find issues, we then delve in further. If everything is going well, we move on to the next spot check.
- Can’t I just do this myself?
Absolutely. Data transfer is simply a manual process of cutting, pasting, and uploading. The key is staying organized and having the time to complete the task. If you need help, we are here to assist.
Contact us today to learn more about our service and how we can help you transfer your website content to a new website.