ADA Website Compliance
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was introduced in 1990 to help the millions of Americans who live with disability. In everyday life, it ensures accessibility in public places and protects against discrimination. But did you know these requirements apply not only to public places, but cyber spaces as well?
That’s right – ADA is the law on the Internet, too. That means your website must meet certain standards for accessibility and functionality, and PaperStreet can help get you there.
Benefits of ADA Compliance
- It’s the Law. It’s better to be safe than sorry!
- Total Accessibility. Accessibility means everyone can visit your site and that content can be interpreted and consumed in various ways. It creates more visitors and an improved image for your firm or company.
- Enhanced Usability. ADA compliance also requires that website content flows in a logical manner and meets the latest coding standards. It can even improve Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Steps to Take
ADA compliance is important. Not sure your website is compliant? Consult us. At PaperStreet, we will test your website in a Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 audit for Level A and Level AA standards.
After our review, you will receive a report indicating exactly where your website is deficient according to these guidelines. The report is categorized according to level of priority and provides specific solutions to remedy any accessibility problem on your website. Next, we will edit your website where necessary to make you fully compliant and worry-free.
It may soon be mandatory for websites to comply with the American with Disabilities Act, so act now.
ADA Compliance Overview
ADA compliance guidelines certify that your website:
- Can be read by screen reading technology for the visually impaired. For example, all images and forms have alternate text descriptions; in-page redundancy is minimized; page color contrast is sufficient for reading; and videos have captions.
- Can be navigated in multiple ways. For example, the keyboard can be used to move through the site; a site map or search functionality is provided; headings are presented in logical order; and links and buttons are properly named.
- Does not contain intrusive content. For example, no rapid flashing lights or colors occur on the site, and automatically-played audio or video can be stopped.
- Uses the latest markup standards. For example, "bold" tags are replaced by "strong" tags; underlined text that does not provide a link is removed; and there are no major validation errors.
For a comprehensive list of ADA requirements, please review our checklist.
We are available to consult with you to implement any required changes to your website to ensure compliance with the ADA. Contact us today.
Get A Proposal
View Our Award-Winning Portfolio
Our 7 Guarantees
Keeping 1500+ clients happy since 2001.
You Will Love Your Design
We design to please you and your clients
Same Day Support
24-hour turnaround edits during business hours
We provide knowledge to help you expand
No Hidden Charges
We quote flat-rate projects
Own Your Site
No strings attached
SEO, PPC, Content + Design = Clients
We Make Life Easier
One agency for Web, Branding and Marketing
- Contact Us
"I have been working with PaperStreet in all aspects of development and SEO. In fact, we have done some things together that others can not do; simply because they are willing to be imaginative and creative on both the development and search engine optimization (SEO) side. So far, we have built and successfully operated over 12 websites (including updates). With their assistance, we have taken our main website from total visitors of approximately 9000 to total visitors of over 180,000 in (5) years. "