Content Editing and Proofreading
Your website is one of the first impressions that a potential client will receive of your law firm. Your web copy should be flawless and free of formatting, stylistic and typographical errors.
Our attorney-editors have reviewed thousands of pages of law firm web copy and marketing materials. We understand the nuances of legal practice, the ever-changing guidelines for search engine optimization and the principles of strong writing.
We can proofread content for spelling, punctuation and formatting errors or perform an in-depth developmental edit of your pages. Our editing services include a review for:
- Sentence structure and clarity
- Integration with website design
- Brand-focused editing
- Adherence to style guide
- Gaps in content/missing information
- Word choice
- Redundancies and/or inaccuracies in text
- Maintenance of tone/voice
- Content organization
- Typographical errors and misspelled words
- Grammatical errors
- Incorrect usage (e.g., effect/affect)
- Formatting issues
If search engine rankings are important to your firm, we will also optimize your pages for search and write title tags and meta descriptions.
Contact us today for more information about our editing and proofreading services and get a free quote.
Here are some testimonials from our clients:
- "You are one of my favorite clients, and dealing with people like you makes work a piece of cake - honestly.
- "You're content for the homepage was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
- "Well done, this is great! It’s a good balance of showcasing our culture and USP, weaving in our “story theme” and making it compelling."
- "I love it! You have made it really unique!"
- "With regards to the Blog topics, these topics are fantastic!"
- "I am impressed by the depth of your writer's research!"
- "YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME. Thank you, again"
Attorney biographies are among the most visited pages on a law firm website. It is important that all bios highlight the skills and background of each attorney, are error-free and are consistent in format, style and tone.
Law firms of any size can benefit from our bio editing services to help streamline the bio drafting, review and editing process. Larger firms with many attorneys can also benefit from our bio project management services in which we serve as the point person to collect, organize, edit and upload bios from all legal professionals.
Our bio editing services include a review for the factors listed under Content Editing above. If you are creating a new website or redesign your current site, we also make sure that the bios integrate with your new design and are consistent in format. If search engine rankings are important to your firm, we will also optimize your bios to help drive traffic to your pages.
Contact PaperStreet today to learn more about our attorney bio editing services.
Boost Page Rankings with our On-Page SEO Services
Website copy is not effective if users can’t find it among the millions of other pages on the web. Optimizing your pages for the search engines can help web users and potential clients find your site. Search engine optimization (SEO) helps ensure that the keywords that are most relevant to your practice and most searched by web users are contained within your web copy.
Advantages to optimizing your pages include:
- Boosting page rankings in search
- Increasing site traffic and drive leads
- Increasing conversions
- Raising brand awareness
We offer on-page optimization and SEO editing of content via the integration of keywords, headlines, title tags, meta descriptions, alt tags and other techniques. We also review pages for thin, missing or duplicate content that would affect search rankings.
Our SEO content writers are attorneys with extensive experience writing for the legal industry. We remain abreast of Google algorithms and ever-evolving SEO best practices and understand how to craft powerful, web-friendly content that delivers your message and drives traffic.
While we specialize in SEO editing and on-page optimization for law firms and attorneys, we can optimize any page, no matter what industry you operate within.
Our on-page optimization process includes the following:
- Title Tags - We write title tags that comply with the latest best practices and help boost rankings. Title tags are the page titles that are displayed in search results. Title tags must be 60 characters or less and must be unique for every page.
- Meta Descriptions - We write compelling meta descriptions that entice a user to click through to the page. Meta descriptions refer to the text that is displayed in search results which summarizes the content on the page. Meta descriptions should be 160 characters or less.
- Alt Tags - We add keyword phrases to the descriptions of all photos. This edit is a modification to the code and is not visible on your site unless you hover over an image.
- Headlines - We modify existing headlines on your page to include your keyword phrases or we craft new, SEO-friendly headlines. We ensure that all headlines are compelling and are not awkwardly constructed to force the inclusion of a keyword phrase.
- Page Headers - We incorporate keyword phrases naturally into the headers and subheadings, where appropriate.
- Keyword Integration - We weave your keyword phrases into each page in a way that reads naturally. We do not keyword stuff or force keywords into content where it does not flow naturally or contextually fit within the copy.
- Content Review - We review and flag any issues with the content that might affect search rankings such as duplicate, missing or thin content.
Contact PaperStreet today to learn more about our SEO content editing services.
Get A Proposal
Bio Editing Case Studies
Bringing Practice Groups Together with Consistent Biographies
Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell LLP, one of the oldest and largest law firms in Delaware. The firm has more than 85 attorneys and serves Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, financial institutions and not-for-profit organizations across the nation.
Unify various teams at the firm by streamlining their presence online. Specific goals of the firm included:
- Emphasize a strong connection to corporate America and the creation of Delaware law;
- Speak to the needs of clients in various, diverse industries in different parts of the country;
- Provide clear contact information and practice area specialties for all members of the firm;
- Highlight the uniqueness of each team member;
- Follow the firm style guide and internet publishing guidelines.
PaperStreet collected and edited the firm biographies to unify the style, tone of the content, as well as provide consistent contact, practice, education and related news information across multiple groups of attorneys. Specifically the PaperStreet team:
- Edited 85 biographies for sentence structure, clarity, word choice, grammar, flow, punctuation, formatting;
- Reviewed content for consistency/accuracy and style throughout the various teams of attorneys;
- Adhered to a style and publishing guide provided by the firm;
- Utilized quotes from attorneys to provide a human element to important biographies.
Informative biographies can help unify the presence of a team despite the existence of many diverse working teams. Attorney biography pages can be a highlight of your web presence.
Editing Under Tight Deadlines for New Layout
Walsworth, a California-based law firm practicing in a variety of litigation and transactional matters.
Collect and edit 80+ biographies in one month.
The client and PaperStreet committed to a timeline and template for the new biography pages. Specifically the PaperStreet team:
- Edited 80+ biographies for sentence structure, clarity, word choice, grammar, flow, punctuation, formatting;
- Reviewed content for consistency/accuracy and style;
- Maintained tight deadlines set by the firm (including approvals and revisions);
- Reorganized the biographies to fit in the new bio layout format (a tabbed layout).
With some planning and organization, a successful editing project on a tight timeline is possible.
Creating Bios That Highlight Experience and Thought Leadership
Kaufman Dolowich & Voluck, a litigation firm serving the legal needs of the business and insurance communities.
Create biographies to highlight the attorneys’ experience and thought leadership, including awards, publications and speaking engagements.
PaperStreet, in collaboration with the firm:
- Created a new microsite structure for the biography pages;
- Edited 111 attorney biographies for headings, missing information, clarity, word choice, grammar, flow, punctuation and formatting;
- Restructured the content to fit the new microsite design;
- Helped gather and organize the bio content, such as related attorneys and thought leadership content;
- Maintained tight deadlines set by the firm (including approvals and revisions).
A new, modern bio design and large-scale bio editing project can go a long way to showcase a firm’s legal talent.
Our 7 Guarantees
Keeping 2,000+ clients happy since 2001.
You Will Love Your Design
We design to please you and your clients
24-hour turnaround edits during business hours
We provide knowledge to help you expand
No Hidden Charges
We quote flat-rate projects
Own Your Site
No strings attached
SEO, PPC, Content + Design = Clients
We Make Life Easier
One agency for Web, Branding and Marketing
- Contact Us
"I have used the services of PaperStreet for years and this is my fourth website. The team continues to impress in both design and SEO. "