Effective Law Firm Internet Marketing
Exclusive, Ethical, Proven Results
We specialize in digital marketing for law firms. For 18 years now, we have helped over 100 firms with their online campaigns. Some of our clients receive several hundred leads per month from a combined web marketing approach of having an informative website, top search rankings, a PPC campaign for additional exposure, a newsletter campaign, videos and content marketing.
Search Engine Optimization
Our law firm SEO plans help clients achieve top-ranked search results.
Increase your website's exposure by creating pay-per-click and banner advertising campaigns.
Publishing authoritative content to help your firm become an industry leader
Internet, Web, Digital and Online Marketing Overview
We still believe that your website is the core of your web presence. It needs to be beautiful. It needs to be mobile friendly (i.e. responsive). It needs to be easy to read. Sure, social media, SEO, PPC, newsletters, and content are all part of that web presence, but you need to start with a great website. Create a website that informs your clients. Create a brand that potential clients trust. Create content that engages users and that people want to share.
SEO? PPC? Both?
Our two primary tactics to get more leads is through Law Firm SEO plans and pay-per-click for lawyers. We also offer remarketing plans too. SEO's goal is to gain website leads by ranking your firm high in organic searches. For PPC, we setup ad campaigns to gain traffic by seeing your text ads on top of searches. We always recommend a SEO campaign for long-term success, but to boost your leads we can setup a PPC campaign too. Our detailed pages on SEO and PPC outline our entire process, including pricing, budget and what to expect.
Other Digital Marketing Tactics
We also offer social media assistance, remarketing, email newsletters, and local search. These tactics can amplify your digital marketing campaign. If your website needs help, we can also conduct a website analysis to figure out why it is not ranking or performing.
Check out Our 2020 Internet Marketing Ideas for Law Firms
Here's great new article that breaks down the latest trends in internet marketing for law firms. It provides advice for web design, web development, PPC, content, and SEO. Learn more about best practices for internet marketing.
Our Web Marketing Services
We also offer social media assistance, remarketing, email newsletters, and local search. These tactics can amplify your internet marketing campaign. If your website needs help, then we can also conduct a website analysis to figure out why it is not ranking or not performing.
Our law firm SEO plans can lead to top ranked search results.
Pay Per Click
Increase your website's exposure by creating Pay-Per-Click and banner advertising campaigns.
We have helped law firms manage millions of dollars of AdWords spending.
There is no faster method to build your brand online than incorporating social networking.
Build long-term relationships with this easy and cost-effective form of permission-based marketing.
Let us find errors before your clients do with a full website review.
Effective Online Marketing for Lawyers
The way people connect with businesses has changed. Before the days of the internet, we relied mainly on word-of-mouth to find an attorney. If you were separating from your spouse, chances are a colleague or family member knew the perfect divorce lawyer for you, and you would take their recommendation at face value. But now, online marketing has changed the landscape. While word-of-mouth is still very real and very important, we often take matters into our own hands. We’ll research even the most glowing referrals, and, more often than not, we’ll seek out businesses on our own by searching for them online.
That’s where PaperStreet comes in. Will your firm show up on the first page of Google when potential clients are searching for a lawyer? Will your ads catch their attention? Will your website draw them in and convince them to set up a consultation? Our online marketing specialists have the skills, knowledge and proven results to make sure your website meets the recipe for online success.
Choosing the Right Web Marketing Company
Finding the right team to handle online marketing for your firm can be tough. The legal industry is one of the most competitive markets around, so there’s no doubt that the internet is flooded with Web marketing companies vying for your business and claiming to be “the best of the best.” Unfortunately, not everyone can be trusted.
We’ve heard the horror stories from our clients -- tales of lofty promises and no results, cheap tactics and serious penalties, poor commitment and equally poor leads. Mistakes like these can do serious damage and cost your firm money. If potential clients aren’t connecting with you and your website, your business will undoubtedly suffer.
So how do you know who really is the best? It’s actually pretty easy. Look for results. Look for happy, long-term clients. Look for ethical tactics and expert team members. Look for transparency and honesty. At PaperStreet, we offer all of that and more. We invite you to check out our resources -- including our videos and personally written blog posts -- to educate yourself on the basics of Web marketing for lawyers and learn more about how we can help you.
Our Law Firm SEO Plans
SEO is the bread and butter of digital marketing. We offer a wide variety of customized plans to help your website show up on Google’s coveted front page of search results. Whether you have a well-established online presence that needs a little boost, or if your firm isn’t ranking at all and needs some serious TLC -- PaperStreet has you covered. We handle everything related to search engine optimization, from creating custom content to building high-quality backlinks, and more!
Pay-Per-Click and Adwords for Lawyers
Pay-per-click advertising, also known as PPC, is a cost-effective means of advertising your firm online. Our Adwords-certified PPC experts have years of experience managing million-dollar budgets to generate the best results possible for our clients. We do the research, create a strategy, write the ads and set up the campaign, all for one flat fee. Our goal is to help you get the most conversions at a cost that works for you. Pay-per-click campaigns can be online in just a matter of days, which means your law firm can get quick traffic and leads.
Social Media Management
If you’re looking to expand your client base or establish your brand, it’s important to establish and maintain your presence on social media. First and foremost, search engines take sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn into consideration when generating their rankings. But meeting and connecting with past and potential clients is just as important, and social media allows you to do just that! Let us handle your profiles for you while you focus on your firm. We do it all -- from setting up your accounts and updating your content, to troubleshooting technical issues and providing advice on social media strategy. We even offer training on social media etiquette and management tools like HootSuite.
We’ve mentioned before just how important it is to connect with your clients, and email newsletters are a great way to stay in touch and build long-term relationships. We offer beautiful, branded newsletters that can help educate your clients and keep them up-to-date on your latest offerings and accomplishments. Not a writer? No problem. Our content team can provide custom, compelling content for your newsletters that won’t go straight to your client’s trash, or worse, the spam folder.
FAQs About Internet Marketing
What is in a law firm Internet marketing campaign?
An internet marketing campaign typically consists of:
- Website Audit - We want to make sure your website is perfect and ready to convert clients.
- Content Audit - We review whether you have enough content on the website to support an SEO campaign, along with the advertisements we are going to run to attract interest.
- SEO - We almost always optimize the site with a 100+ step checklist that we have created. This includes the basics like title tags, meta descriptions, headlines, on-page optimization, sitemaps, Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, etc. It also includes link building and content writing campaigns.
- PPC - Many clients want results immediately, so we setup a paid ad campaign with AdWords, Bing, and sometimes Facebook. This can drive quality traffic to your website. We can even setup remarketing and call-only campaigns.
How long does an attorney internet marketing campaign take to start seeing results?
We have had clients see results in as little as a week. Typically, short-term results come with a PPC campaign, where we buy keywords on Google and setup appropriate ads and landing pages. For a proper SEO campaign, it can take 30 to 90 days to start seeing success, depending on what needs to be done to get the site into the rankings.
How much does a lawyer internet marketing campaign cost?
It varies. We hate being vague, but we have campaigns to fit all budgets. We have some clients who spend only $500 per month and receive solid leads. We also have clients who collectively spend $10,000 or more, for all their online advertising (including ad costs to Google, Facebook, Bing, etc). Most of our clients will spend between $1,000 and $3,000 for a good SEO and PPC campaign. We divide that budget into whatever brings in the most return on investment. Sometimes we focus exclusively on SEO, as PPC bid costs are too high. Sometimes we focus on a content-only campaign, or a social media campaign. Sometimes clients need leads ASAP, so we setup a PPC campaign to drive traffic immediately.
Can I do my own internet marketing for my firm?
We don’t recommend it. At PaperStreet, we handpick our team of internet marketing specialists. We consider ourselves to be experts in our individual niches, and we’re still learning more every day. With Google’s guidelines constantly changing and websites steadily evolving, there is so much to know, and it takes a lot of time to truly master. A free online marketing course or an affinity for social media just won’t cut it, especially in such a competitive market. If you can’t keep up with your competitors (who are probably working with an internet marketing company, FYI), you’re going to be losing clients and losing revenue in the long run.
Do you work with firms of all sizes?
Yes. We have worked with AMLAW 100 firms as well as solo practitioners. While our typical firms range from 5 to 25 attorneys though, we have plenty of solos who need our assistance and large firms who need marketing help.
Do you work exclusively with our firm?
Yes, we work exclusively with your law firm. We believe that you get the best results for a law firm by concentrating on their firm only. We take on one firm per practice area and geographic area. Many competitors work with firms in the same city; and often the same building. That is a conflict of interest. Call us to see if we can currently take your firm on as a client.
Do you handle everything?
Yes. We can help with everything related to internet marketing. This includes: SEO, PPC, newsletters, social, videos, content marketing and more. We do need your firm's assistance in how you want to brand the firm and goals. We also need approval at key stages. But we can take care of everything else.
Will I have control over my website?
Yes, of course. At the end of the day, the website we create for you is yours. We just make sure it looks nice, runs smoothly and yields the results that you need. We love when our clients take a hands-on approach to their firm, and we’ll make sure that you are a part of every decision we make. However, in the same breath, if you want a more “set it and forget it” approach, we’re fine with that, too. We’ll match your desired level of involvement and make sure you still feel like you have control over your online presence.
What is SEO? Why do I need it?
SEO, or search engine optimization, is the backbone of internet marketing. It’s the science behind making your website rank in Google’s search results for the keywords and search terms that will bring you the most clients. If done well, you’ll show up on the first page. If done poorly, you’ll be buried under your competition. There is a lot that goes into SEO being done “well.” This includes link building, keyword research, custom content, on-page optimization, title tags, meta descriptions, social media and more. To learn more, head over to our law firm SEO page.
You need SEO for any successful business. Google doesn’t like poorly optimized or un-optimized websites, and your rankings will reflect that. If you don’t show up in the SERPs, you might as well not exist to potential clients. Not many people are going to click through 10 pages of results to find the perfect law firm for them. They’re going to focus on the first page, and that’s where we want you to be.
What are backlinks and why do I need them?
Backlinks are links throughout cyberspace that point back to your website. The more high-quality backlinks you build, the more online authority your website has, and that means Google will reward you with better rankings.
The "high-quality" part is important here. It’s completely possible to build a backlink catalogue of spammy directories and paid links, but those aren’t going to lead to the results that you want and need for a successful law firm. At PaperStreet, we focus on what will work for you in the long run. We don’t care about getting the fastest, most immediate results if they aren’t going to last, or worse, get you penalized. Some examples of high-quality links include local listings, testimonials, reviews, social media, blogs, seminars and more.
What are search engine “spiders” and how do they “crawl” websites?
"Spiders" are software programs or “bots” that search engines like Google use to easily visit, view and index the billions of websites that exist on the internet today. In order to be added to Google’s search engine index, you want your website to be as easily crawlable as possible. This means it needs to be coded well, submitted and updated regularly, and structured in a way that makes sense to humans and bots alike.
How do social media and newsletters help my law firm?
There’s no technical mumbo jumbo here. Social media and newsletters lead to better user engagement. People love to interact with their favorite businesses and brands online, and they like to feel included. Posting an update on Facebook or keeping in touch with a monthly newsletter is a great way to get past and potential clients to interact with you and build your online community. It establishes trustworthiness, and it can even lead to increased traffic and conversions to your website.
What are some results?
- Searcy Denney Scarola Barnhart & Shipley PA, a Florida personal injury firm, was looking to increase conversions in various markets. Since 2009, they have gone through two website revisions and we handled their SEO the whole time. In 6 years, we have increased traffic by 20 times! This leads to multiple inquiries per day on a variety of practice areas.
- Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff LLP, a New York personal injury law firm, wanted to rank for highly competitive phrases in a very competitive market. Rosenberg, Minc, Falkoff & Wolff LLP now ranks in the coveted top map pack as well as topping organic rankings in New York and New York City.
- Levine Law came to PaperStreet for a brand new website. He also brought us the challenge of to getting his website ranked in Denver, Colorado for the area of personal injury. We welcomed the challenge and succeeded. Levine Law ranks in the top three spots for more than 10+ different keyword phrases in Denver. He is dominating the local market.
- Hains Law, a family law firm in Carmel, IN, saw within 25 days of launching a Pay-Per-Click over a 20% conversion rate and has tripled the number of appointments for consultations month over month. SEO has been beneficial for the client as well. The client commented, "Strictly from SEO alone, I have had at least 5 new appointments with potential clients. I am definitely seeing a return on my investment."
- Turley Hansen & Partners, LLP, a New York law firm helping victims with 9/11-related cancers, has increased their leads 17x month over month. This has made their cost per lead less than $30.
What do I do next?
We offer free reviews of your current marketing. Give us a call at 954-523-2181 to discuss and learn how PaperStreet can help you!
Our Digital, Web, Online, and Internet Marketing Articles
- SEO Authority, Relevancy & Partnership: The Recipe to Top Rankings
- How to Rank Higher in Search Results: Your Next Steps After a Website Launch
- What is Involved in Maintaining a SEO Campaign?
- Quick Glance Guidelines for On-page Optimization
- What is a Title Tag and Meta Description?
- How to Write the Perfect Title Tag
- SEO Optimization Guidelines in Less Than Two Minutes
- Over Optimization: Keyword Rich Anchor Text
- SEO Content Editing your Website: A Guide for Law Firms
- Questions to Ask Before You Start an SEO Campaign
- Questions to Ask Any SEO Firm and our PaperStreet Answers
- SEO is a Partnership: You, Us and Google
Mobile SEO Tips
SEO Specific Recommendations
- SEO Plugins WordPress You Should Be Using
- When is a Multi-Site Strategy a Good Idea for Law Firms?
- Phone Inquiry Logging: How to Track New Client Phone Calls
- Law Firm Best Practice Guidelines for a Name, Address, Phone or Domain Name Change
- About the Disavow Program at PaperStreet
- Use Rich Snippets to Enhance your Search Results
- Drafting Your Own Website Content? Learn the SEO Basics
- How to Get Your Law Firm to Blog
- Conversion Rate Optimization for Lawyer Websites: Five Keys to Increasing Client Leads
Pay Per Click
- Is Pay-Per-Click Still Worth the Investment for Law Firms?
- The Biggest PPC Mistakes Law Firms Make
- Pay-Per-Click Frequently Asked Questions
- Top 10 Tips for an Effective Pay-Per-Click Campaign
- Do Pay-Per-Click or Banner Ads Raise your SEO Rankings?
- Why Should My Business Use Social Media?
- The Basics of Social Media for Businesses
- The Best Websites to Spark Ideas for Social Media Posts
- Five Don'ts of Social Media for Law Firms
- How to Create a Unique Facebook URL
- Presentation: Social Media Best Practices for Law Firms
- Social Media Homework: Do This Today for Better Stats Tomorrow
- 13 Things About Social Media You Didn't Know
- 21 Ways to Approach Social Media
- A Beginners Guide to Using Google Analytics
- How to Setup and Install Google Analytics on Your Website
- How to Sync your Webmaster Tools SSL Website Property with Your Google Analytics
- Five Awesome Features of Google Webmaster Tools for Beginners
Link Building, Maps & Directories
- Infographic: Comprehensive Guide to Law Firm Citations For Local Search
- Link Building 101: A List of Directories to Get You Started
- How Do I Update My Address On Google?
- Switching to a New Domain Name? Learn How to Use Google's Change of Address Tool
- LAW DIRECTORIES INFOGRAPHIC: First Page Rankings are Just a Directory Away
- Don Draper Doesn't Know the Internet, but His Principles Apply to Internet Marketing
- What SEO Campaigns and Your Gym Membership Have in Common
- Choosing Keywords is Like Summiting Multiple Peaks Within a Given Mountain Range
- The Content on Your Website is Like Filling Silos on a Farm with Crops
Digital Marketing for Attorneys
Our attorney digital marketing techniques use your website and overall web presence to generate new clients and revenue for your law firm or business. We've specialized in digital marketing for over 18 years and know how to execute complex, competitive campaigns, as well as deliver results for those on a budget.More About Us
We Focus on Results
We track all impressions, clicks and - most importantly - conversions. Check out some of our Success Stories.
Our Digital Marketing is Cost Effective
Our SEO and digital marketing campaigns drive targeted traffic and make you money. We can start campaigns for under $1,000. No minimum ad spending is required.
We Handle Everything
We can set up SEO, Local Search, PPC, Social Media or Newsletter campaigns. We are your one-stop shop and take care of everything for you.