Dominating Google is no easy task. Sometimes search engine optimization can be complex, so every now and then it is beneficial to step back and look at the big picture. In order to do that, you have to simplify.
Below is a simple list of SEO best practices to help you clear your head of all the complexities and focus on the big picture. Are you doing these things?
- Write regularly content – post to your blog at least twice a week
- Speak regularly online and in public. For example, PaperStreet gets awesome back links because of our webinars and public speaking engagements.
- Don’t spam.
- Get featured in articles and awards. If you do something legitimate and you will be rewarded.
- Write with SEO in mind – Produce topical articles when you don’t rank high for something.
- Have a good business – Build a good business that gives out information freely online.
- Create a good social media presence and update regularly.
- Solicit reviews from your clients and refresh regularly.
- Create a website that is easy to navigate, actually works properly, and can have content easily added.
- Develop a method to track all traffic, inquiries and rankings, so you can improve, then actually look at it.
If you complete all of the tasks in the list above, search engine optimization becomes a result of your strong web presence—which is really your ultimate goal.