Many businesses know how powerful social media can be, but do not understand how to take full advantage of it. Despite the dozens of social media experts who give tips and offer suggestions, it is often hard to truly grasp the best strategy.
So, we have compiled a list of quotes from various articles and broken them down into two categories. It is our hope that these words of wisdom will give you a little more insight and even make you laugh.
We did a shorter version of this post earlier in the month. Be sure to check it out: 5 Quotes That Will Make You Rethink Your Social Media Strategy.
Thought Provoking Social Media Quotes
- “Don’t say anything online that you wouldn’t want plastered on a billboard with your face on it.”- Erin Bury
- “Social media allows big companies to act small again. It changes the relationship between companies and customers from master and servant, to peer to peer.” –convinceandconvert.com
- “The Internet has turned what used to be a controlled, one-way message into a real-time dialogue with millions.” – @daniellesacks
- “Twitter is not a technology. It’s a conversation. And it’s happening with or without you.” – @charleneli
- “Social media will help you build up loyalty of your current customers to the point that they will willingly, and for free, tell others about you.” -Bonnie Sainsbury (@bsainsbury)
- “Quit counting fans, followers and blog subscribers like bottle caps. Think, instead, about what you’re hoping to achieve with and through the community that actually cares about what you’re doing.” -Amber Naslund, brasstackthinking.com
- “Those who ignore the party/conversation/network when they are content and decide to drop in when they need the network may not succeed. It’s pretty easy to spot those that are just joining the network purely to take – not to give. Therefore, be part of the party/conversation/network before you need anything from anyone.” -Jeremiah Owyang, web-strategist.com
- “First you have to be visible in the community. You have to get out there and connect with people. It’s not called net-sitting or net-eating. It’s called networking. You have to work at it.” – Dr. Ivan Misner
- “Networking is an enrichment program not an entitlement program” – Susan Roane
- “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Think about it: everybody you know, everyone that you meet, also know about 250 people. So every time you cultivate a relationship with one new person, you have actually expanded your network by 250 people- every single time.” -Bob Burg
- “To ignore social media would be like early man ignoring fire.”-Barry Roos
- “A company blog is not a press release; making it just another channel for company fluff is the fastest way to kill it.”– Lazar Dzamic, digital planning director, Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw
- “Remember numbers are less important as engagement – it doesn’t matter if you have a million fans if no one is listening to what you say.” –youngadventuress.com
Funny Social Media Quotes
- “Twitter provides us with a wonderful platform to discuss/confront societal problems. We trend Justin Bieber instead.”- Lauren Leto
- “You can buy attention (advertising). You can beg for attention from the media (PR). You can bug people one at a time to get attention (sales). Or you can earn attention by creating something interesting and valuable and then publishing it online for free.”-David Meerman Scott, Best-Selling Author & Speaker
- “A lot of people say that social media is making us all dumber, but I not think that.” – Unknown
- “I like to say that Twitter is like a bar, Facebook is your living room and LinkedIn is the local chamber of commerce.” – BSStoltz
- “Doing business without social media marketing is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you’re doing, but nobody else does.”
- “Did you hear they are making a prequel to the social network? It’s a horror film about people talking to each other face to face.”
- “I’ll tell you what’s trending on Twitter right now: number signs. Lots of number signs.”
Key takeaway: Remember to always take a step back and think about what you post before you post it. Find what works for your business and make sure the content you share will be valuable to your target audience. There is no secret formula to social media success. It truly is all about connecting with one another and being a leader in your industry.
Image source: adigaskell.org
Related Articles in Social Media,
- How Great Lawyers Can Use Videos and Social Media to Get Their Message Across In 30 Seconds Or Less: Part 2
- How Great Lawyers Can Use Videos and Social Media to Get Their Message Across In 30 Seconds Or Less: Part 1