At least once a day a client calls asking for some basic information about their site. How do I find my IP address? What is DNS? If you are a web developer and do not have these key sites bookmarked, take a look and add them to your short list. We promise they will come in handy.
DNS – Domain Name Server
- IntoDNS – Use this site to get various DNS and mail records in one page – it’s very convenient.
- What’s My DNS – Check the DNS of a website that is on multiple locations.
- View DNS – This site allows you to do just about anything, including performing a reverse IP lookup and Chinese firewall test.
- Who Is Hosting This – As the name implies, this site allows you to determine where a website is being hosted.
- Who.Is – Search by domain name of IP address. The site will also automatically tell you your IP address when you visit the home page.
Cookies & Support
- Go to “chrome://settings/cookies” – This link will automatically load your cookie and site data. Keep this as a bookmark and you can easily clear your cookies in Chrome.
- Support Details – By visiting this website you can instantly see important information like your operating system, browser, IP address, browser size, color depth, and screen resolution
Email & Security
- MX Toolbox – Think you might be blacklisted? This site can confirm if you have been blacklisted via mail.
- Unmasked Parasites – Use this website to check to see if a site is hacked (fingers crossed you’re in the clear).
- Copyscape – You can use Copy Scape to check for plagiarism. Enter your text and do a premium search (it literally costs pennies).