Update: Position. Web Designer & Graphic Designer – Freelance / Contract
We are seeking a talented and experienced graphic designer to produce high quality web designs for our award-winning portfolio. You will be working on initial layouts, wireframes, home page designs, sub-page designs, branding, messaging, logos, corporate stationery, image editing and more.
“Wow, that is a lot of design!” Yes.
But for the right individual you will get the chance to showcase your design talent on custom website projects. You will also learn from our team on best practices for websites and how to follow checklists for design elements.
Overall, you must be friendly and talented. You need to able to communicate, guide, and advise our clients. You should also be able to take direction well, want to learn more, and have problem solving skills. We are a cool bunch here at PaperStreet and want to work with other enjoyable folk too.
At PaperStreet you will work primarily on web-related projects that contribute to our award-winning portfolio. We are nationally recognized for making law firm’s websites professional, creative, and yes . . . beautiful. We have won over 100 awards for our designs and been nominated for a Webby. We need your help to keep our portfolio running strong.
Time Commitment (Freelance to Contract)
To start, we would like to begin having you freelance on projects during the months of November and December. This will allow us to assess your style and skills, as well as begin a working relationship.
For the months of January through April, we will need a contract commitment of during normal business hours. After the contract work is up, depending on our workload and schedule, we may need you to stay on full-time or go back to freelance again.
Overall this is a six-month gig to start and hopefully we will continue after that.
Freelance (November and December)
We will start the relationship on specific projects with set deliverables. One day you may be designing a homepage, another finalizing edits to various sub-pages, and yet another creating new logos. We estimate we will need you about 10 to 20 hours per week to start in those months. The goal is to make sure we can work with you in detail and get you up-to-speed for the contract work in 2019.
35-Hour Work Week During Contract (January – April)
In 2019 we need you full-time. However, at PaperStreet, full-time is a 35-hour work week and flex time. What? Yes. We value your free time, so use it to enjoy all of sunny South Florida. Sometimes you may need to put in 40 hours, but still, that is the starting point for other agencies. After April there is opportunity for more work. Note that this is how all of our current design team started and were promoted to full-time.
The ideal candidate has a 4-year degree (or relative experience). You should also have at least a few years of real on the job design experience (agency experience is a big plus).
We are a leading web design firm in Florida, passionate about both our work and our play. We have designed more than 1,500 custom sites in the past 17 years. We do award winning work for law firms. You can check us out at https://www.paperstreet.com.
What We Need in a Designer
- Degree: 4-Year Degree with relevant training in the graphic design field.
- Experience: On-the-job design experience with multiple projects and clients simultaneously.
- Adobe: Adobe Creative Suite expertise.
- Documents: Proficiency in Microsoft Office / Excel (or Google Docs). Professional writing & excellent communication skills, as you will be speaking with our team and clients daily.
- UX: Great knowledge of UI, UX, CRO and usability for web design across desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- PSDs: Ability to create PSDs for visual layout of web pages with a strong understanding of best practices for web design.
- Best Practices: Common knowledge of web and print design best practices. Solid understanding of how custom responsive websites and templates work.
- Other Skills: Strong analytical and organizational skills. Ability to execute quality work under tight timelines and meet specific deadlines while managing multiple projects at once. Willing and able to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Portfolio: Must possess an impressive portfolio that reflects relative work to our job description and ability to link us to it.
- Location: Ideally local to our Fort Lauderdale office and can work in-house during the months of January to April 2019 (ability to freelance projects November and December first). However, we are accepting applications for candidates in Colorado, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Florida.
How to Apply?
So, come on, if you fit the bill, make an impact on a growing firm. To apply please do the following only:
- Send an email to careers [at] paperstreet.com.
- The Subject must be: Web Designer – Fill In Your Name
- Attach a PDF Resume
- Include a short paragraph about you in the email. Be witty, be professional, but be you.
- Include a link to your top three projects and explain what you did. We want to click on each to view.
- Include a link in the email to your full online portfolio.
- Please include your freelance rate requirements.
- Thanks for applying and sorry, no phone calls please.