Experienced Attorney / Writer
PaperStreet is looking for an A-player who gets excited about interacting with senior stakeholders and translating law firm marketing objectives into high-end web copy. The writer will be responsible for creating marketing copy that engages audiences around the firm’s objectives, values, and brand story and supports our clients’ thought leadership efforts.
We are seeking an experienced attorney-writer who knows how to craft content for global AmLaw 500 firms with institutional clients. We are not seeking someone to produce standard SEO content for consumer-facing practices (such as personal injury, family law, estates and trusts, criminal defense). The ideal candidate will be a pro-level writer with law practice experience and an ability to interface with high-level stakeholders, write top-tier content and collaborate with our internal design, SEO and development teams.
The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter with excellent, communication, writing and organization, skills. An ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, extreme attention to detail and flexibility are essential.
This is a part-time position on our content team and will report to the Content Director. This position may eventually grow into a full-time role, and we are looking for someone willing to develop a long-term relationship with our agency.
PaperStreet is an award-winning digital marketing firm founded in 2001. Our mission is to help law firms grow their legal practices. We are a fast-paced, growing agency looking for a talented attorney-writer to join our team.
Guidelines & Time Commitment
- Part-time: Work about 20 hours per week (sometimes less, sometimes more)
- Remote: Work from anywhere (no need to be onsite)
- Flexibility: Ability to work between 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Writing, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field with a high GPA
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 3+ years of experience writing web copy
- Ability to conduct interviews during business hours and translate goals into marketing copy
- Excellent written, copy editing and proofreading skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Google Docs and WordPress
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and turn assignments around quickly
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Quick worker, able to easily shift priorities/projects
- Eagerness to contribute ideas to a growing company
- Ability to devote 20 hours per week
- Interest in long-term, steady work
Qualified candidates will be asked to complete a short writing and editing assessment.
How to Apply
Please follow these instructions in detail. Applications that do not follow these instructions will be disregarded.
- Write a cover letter to careers [at] paperstreet.com and include:
- Your contact information
- Your location
- Why you are interested in PaperStreet and this position
- List the subject as: Content Writer: [insert your name].
- Provide your rate for a 500-word practice page.
- Include two law firm writing samples (send as a link in the email or as a PDF attachment).
- Attach your resume as a PDF