Web Content Audit Process
1. Site Structure (Information Architecture)
A site structure is a page map that serves as framework for your site and defines your navigation scheme. During this stage we’ll work with you to:
- Develop a content strategy
- Organize your content in a way that is functional, user-friendly and SEO-savvy
- Create a map that outlines how every page of content will fit within your site
2. Master Content File
Once your site structure is finalized, we will create a Word document for your content based on your site structure. All of your content will be placed into this master content file. This process helps to streamline content creation and avoid the chaos of multiple files containing various revisions.
3. Content Creation
A new site or a redesign is great opportunity to edit your existing content and write new content. This is the longest stage of the process and we recommend that you begin writing, editing and/or gathering your content as soon as you receive the master content file. Our team of attorney-writers can also write or edit content for you, if you prefer.
4. Content Audit
Learn More About our Program
Once we receive your approved master content file, we will review it to ensure that all content:
- Matches the site structure
- Fits with your design
- Is formatted properly for the developers
- Does not contain any issues (missing pages, duplicate content, missing links, etc.)
Web Content Writing Process
We interview key firm members to learn more about your practice areas, attorneys, differentiating factors, brand, tone, style and other relevant information.
2. Sample Pages
We provide three to five sample pages for your review and approval before completing the entire project. This step helps ensure that we are on the right track and that you are happy with our work.
3. Initial Draft
We provide an initial draft of all pages for your review and revision (please use track changes in Microsoft Word for all changes). We also weave your keyword phrases into the content to optimize it for search.
We provide one round of edits and incorporate your revisions.
Learn More About our Program
We send you the edited and proofed files in Microsoft Word. You are free to modify as needed.
Search Engine Optimization Process
1. Strategy to Plan for Results
This is where we plan out the campaign to target the correct keyword phrases.
- Research Effective Keyword Phrases
- Advise on Domain Selection and Redirects
2. Site Optimization to Perfect Website Architecture
Generally, this is one-time, setup work that needs occasional revisions. It accounts for about 30% of our SEO success formula. Below is just a sample of our 50+ step checklist. Contact us today for more details on everything we include for on-site optimization, link building and analysis.
- Revise title tags on top of web browser
- Revise tags to fit industry standards
- Update keyword phrases in footer of website to match SEO campaign
- Make sure website has proper internal links
- Ensure images are tagged to be read properly by search engines
- Remove redundant “splash” entry pages
- No hidden text
- No keyword stuffing
- No redirect tags or doorway pages - techniques meant to fool search engines
- No design elements that look good but hurt rankings - lots of Flash, etc.
- Make sure all traffic is driven to properly chosen domain name and pages.
- SEO friendly URLs
- Use files that ensure site ranks and redirects properly
Site Build Modification
- Organize coding documents
- Create list of pages for entire site
- Install Google Analytics, a tracking tool that gives you statistics about site visitors
- Integration of all social media accounts
- Guidelines sent to client to write content (or client contracts for writing services)
- Check pyramid structure of the website and content
- Check body text, no keyword stuffing
- Insert internal links with keywords
- Include contact info
- Check that bio profiles are fully rounded out
- Blog posts and press releases created
- Content edited for SEO
3. Link Campaign to Increase Authority
This is reoccurring work done on a monthly basis. It accounts for about 70% of our SEO success formula. Listed below are the general categories of link building that we conduct.
- Link building
- Local Submission and Setup
- Submission of website to gallery and directory sites
- Link partner research and analysis
- Press release submission
- Article submission
- Social media integration and submission
4. Analyzing the Campaign to Improve Results
Learn More About Our Results
We work with your company monthly to improve your campaign.
Monthly reports of rankings
- Monthly reports of web traffic
- Re-optimization of text and tags, if needed
- Monthly consultation, research or education
- Free SEO website audit every 6 months