Do you like to analyze website content? Determining what should be added, edited, deleted, or improved? Do you like writing the perfect Title Tag and meta description, in order to rank high AND draw interest to a website?
PaperStreet is seeking a SEO Content Associate for the SEO Team. We need someone who is in love with content and equally loves the world of SEO. In this role, you will assist with any and all content tasks related to client projects. You will gain valuable experience in the “real world” design-firm environment and how to rank articles higher.
Overall, we are looking for someone who is fun to work with, passionate about content and the web, wants to learn, and will follow directions. The job would be for a full-time position on our SEO team. This can be a remote position anywhere in the country.
Who We Are
PaperStreet creates new web sites and revitalizes aging ones. In addition to creating web sites that are engaging, we also have a knack for getting results. PaperStreet – http://www.paperstreet.com – has been designing web sites since 2001. Our company has produced over 1,450 custom websites.
Guidelines & Time Commitment
- 35 hours per week
- Remote work possible, but during our business hours.
- Perform Site Content Analyses of new or existing clients
- Determine plan for the generation of content to help marketing
- Auditing websites to determine if it supports a client’s keywords
- Updating the client’s Site Architecture to reflect what is found in the audit
- Content Writing & Content Editing to Support SEO
- On-Page Optimization
- Core Content of Websites
- Granular Data Driven Onpage Optimization
- Potential blog assistance (i.e. advising client’s on their blogging)
- SEO Quality Assurance Content Launch Reviews
- Overseeing the SEO content performance of all SEO campaign
- On-Page optimization Content Optimization
- Title Tags
- Meta Descriptions
- Recommending updates for archaic or outdated campaigns
- Other Duties
- Assisting with drafting PPC landing pages to increase conversions
- Stay up to date on the latest social media strategies and tactics and assistance with Social Media content tasks
- Serve as a client-facing subject matter expert in the areas of content strategy, content creation, and information architecture for SEO clients. Work directly with clients to help identify site goals, content structure and execution plan. Consult with clients regarding best practices for content, blogging, usability and information architecture
- Experience with local search optimization and the setup process, particular as it pertains to content creation (i.e. city pages)
- Bachelors degree in English, Communications, or Journalism related field required (you will be writing a lot, so need to be a wordsmith).
- Existing Knowledge of best practices of SEO and the internet, especially as they relate to content. If you do not have knowledge, then a genuine interest to learn.
- 2+ years of copy experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and comfortable working in text-based CMS/HTML editors.
- Candidates should enjoy working in a team environment and must work collaboratively with others
- Ability to handle large volumes of projects quickly across various industries
- Expert level attention to detail is essential
- 35 Hour Work Week
- Salaried Position with Bonuses
- Flexible Time & Schedule
- Sick / Personal Time Each Year
- Paid Vacation and additional days each year
- Medical, Life, Dental, and Disability Insurance
- SEP IRA (401k) with 2% employer contribution
How to Apply
Follow these instructions in detail. This is part of the hiring test and is pass/fail.
- No phone calls.
- Write an email careers [at] paperstreet.com.
- List the subject as: SEO CONTENT ASSOCIATE: [YOUR NAME]. Obviously change Your Name to be Your Name without the brackets. We do this to sort emails, keep replies organized, reduce spam, and see if everyone can follow directions.
- Include a few short paragraphs about yourself in the email. Be funny, be witty, be serious, be whatever, just be you.
- Include your contact information in the email at the end.
- Include relevant writing samples or website links.
- Please include your salary requirements.
- Attach your resume and writing samples as PDFs.