Job Description: Web Development Intern
PaperStreet is seeking a rock-star Web Development Intern. We need someone who isn’t afraid to call themselves a nerd and express their love for development tasks.
In this role, you will assist with any and all types of web development and quality assurance (QA) tasks. You will gain experience in the “real world” design-firm environment.
Overall, we are looking for someone who is fun to work with, passionate about development and the web, wants to learn, and will follow directions. This is a position that could lead to a full-time gig upon graduation or upon completion of the internship.
Who We Are
PaperStreet creates new websites and revitalizes aging ones. In addition to creating websites that are engaging, we also have a knack for getting results. PaperStreet has been designing websites since 2001. Our company has produced over 1000 custom websites.
Guidelines & Time Commitment
- 20-30 hours per week (flexible hours).
- This is in house at our Fort Lauderdale office. You will be required to be in the office daily.
- Ability to work within standard business hours (9am to 5pm).
- Assist multiple members of the Development team in any technical task that needs updating for any new or existing projects.
- These tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in Quality Assurance tasks.
- Technical code implementation in existing projects.
- CMS setups/updates & data/content entry
- Assisting in Support tasks.
- Currently enrolled in a development bachelors program. Recent graduates are welcome or candidates with a bachelors degree.
- Proficient in text editors for web coding
- Familiarity with WordPress and other popular CMS.
- Candidates should enjoy working in a team environment and must work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to handle large volumes of projects quickly across various industries.
- Expert level attention to detail is essential.
- Part-time. Full-time could be approved after probationary period.
How to Apply
Follow these instructions in detail. This is part of the hiring test and is pass/fail.
- No phone calls.
- Write an email to email@example.com
- List the subject as: PaperStreet Development Intern: [YOUR NAME]. Obviously, change Your Name to be Your Name.
- Include a short, one-paragraph, email about yourself in the email. Be funny, be witty, be serious, be whatever, just be you.
- Include your contact information in the email at the end.
- If you have a portfolio of designs or builds or any SEO that you have worked on, send as a link in the email (or as a PDF).
- Attach your Resume as a PDF.
Last updated: May 2017