Job Description: Web Development Intern
PaperStreet is seeking a talented Web Development Intern. We need someone who isn’t afraid to call themselves a nerd and express their love for development tasks. We are looking for a candidate who is eager to learn and follows directions well.
In this role, you will assist with any and all types of web development and quality assurance (QA) tasks. This will range from extremely basic documentation/content entry all the way to code edits for existing clients. You will be working every day with our talented development team and learning directly from them. You will gain experience in the “real world” design-firm environment.
Overall, we are looking for someone who is fun to work with, passionate about development and the web, wants to learn, and will follow directions. This is a position that could lead to a full-time gig upon graduation or upon completion of the internship.
Who We Are
PaperStreet creates new websites and revitalizes aging ones. In addition to creating websites that are engaging, we also have a knack for getting results. PaperStreet has been designing websites since 2001. Our company has produced over 1200 custom websites.
Guidelines & Time Commitment
- Part time. We will work with your school schedule.
- This position is remote to start due to the current COVID-19. Our office is located in Fort Lauderdale and we will be returning to a hybrid schedule in the future.
- Ability to work within standard business hours (9am to 5pm).
- Assist multiple members of the Development team in any technical task that needs updating for any new or existing projects.
- These tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in Quality Assurance tasks.
- Technical code implementation in existing projects.
- CMS setups/updates & data/content entry
- Assisting in Support tasks.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelors program. Recent graduates are welcome or candidates with a bachelors degree.
- Proficient in text editors for web coding
- Familiarity with WordPress and other popular CMS is a plus.
- Candidates should enjoy working in a team environment and must work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to handle large volumes of projects quickly across various industries.
- Expert level attention to detail is essential.
How to Apply
Follow these instructions in detail. This is part of the hiring test and is pass/fail.
- No phone calls.
- Write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- List the subject as: PaperStreet Development Intern: [YOUR NAME]. Obviously, change Your Name to be Your Name.
- Include a short, one-paragraph, email about yourself in the email. Be funny, be witty, be serious, be whatever, just be you.
- Include your contact information in the email at the end.
- If you have a portfolio of designs or builds or any SEO that you have worked on, send as a link in the email (or as a PDF).
- Attach your Resume as a PDF.