Do you have an interest in SEO? Do you enjoy dealing with technical updates and the analytical aspects of a website? PaperStreet is seeking a part-time Technical SEO Associate who is eager to help expand and execute our technical process and deliverables.
You will be responsible for assisting with the workload of technical SEO updates, keyword research and analytical reviews. This is an entry level role and for someone looking to get real world experience working on live websites. If you do have any prior experience with website development or technical SEO knowledge, that is a plus.
Who We Are
PaperStreet is a fast-paced, full service design firm that creates new websites and revitalizes aging ones. In addition to creating websites that are engaging, we handle all forms of online marketing including social media, content writing, PPC and much more. PaperStreet has been designing law firm websites since 2001. Our company has produced over 1,000 custom websites.
Highlights of Main Responsibilities
- Performing technical website audits and helping to resolve any errors
- Assisting with keyword research for current or prospective campaigns
- Reviewing websites for speed improvement opportunities
- Setting up analytical and conversion tracking for campaigns
- Generating and analyzing Google Analytics and other conversion tracking reports
- Apply global technical updates to all marketing websites when needed
- Assisting with quarterly technical and keyword campaign reviews
- Staying proactive with the latest technical SEO advancements and helping to implement them into our process
- A current college student or a recent college graduate with a degree in Marketing, Information Technology, Computer Science or a related area
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Search Console and Tag Manager; SEO tools such as Moz, Ahrefs and Screaming Frog; also experience with basic HTML and CSS
- Able to work remotely with a fully functional computer and workspace
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely proficient online and using Microsoft Office applications
- Comfortable working with WordPress and text-based HTML editors
- Enjoy working collaboratively in a team environment
- Expert level attention to detail is essential
- The ability to do similar tasks for long periods of time
- Fast learner with effective note-taking skills
- Tech-savvy. Must be able to navigate unfamiliar websites
- Great time management skills and meeting deadlines on time
- Comfortable with consulting clients via e-mail and phone
Guidelines & Time Commitment
- 10-12 hours per week (working 2-3 days)
- Ability to work within standard business hours (9am to 5pm EST or similar hours)
- Looking for a long-term commitment in a part-time role
- Part-time paid hourly (remote)
- $15 per hour
How to Apply
Follow these instructions in detail. This is part of the hiring test and is pass/fail.
- No phone calls.
- Write an email to maria @ paperstreet.com
- List the subject as: PaperStreet Technical SEO Associate: [YOUR NAME]. Change Your Name to be Your Name.
- Include your cover letter along with contact information in the email.
- Attach your Resume as a PDF