THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. THANKS FOR APPLYING.
PaperStreet is looking for a part-time SEO savvy writer and organizer to join our team. This person will help manage and develop all new and existing content for SEO clients. This includes managing the creation and posting of monthly blog posts for more than 30 SEO clients a month, and regular editing and writing of optimized content to help clients strengthen their PaperStreet SEO campaigns.
What We Are Looking For
- A fun and energetic team member who can write and edit SEO optimized content for the web
- Someone not afraid to set deadlines and hold staff members and clients accountable
- A person who can contribute ideas about developing a project management system for the blogging platform and/or how the service can be improved
- Someone our clients will enjoy working with
- Proven experience writing for the web, including knowledge of SEO best practices
- Project management skills
- Ability to organize and manage a team of 10 writers (meet and set deadlines)
This person will be working with the SEO and content team on a regular basis. Their main objective is strengthening clients SEO campaigns through the production of well written, timely, optimized content, including blog posts.
The workload can be broken up into two main responsibilities: a SEO content editor and blog publishing coordination.
- SEO Content Management (10+ hours per week)
o Work directly in conjunction with the SEO team and content team to establish a plan for success:
- Content Audits – perform content audits and assign needed work to freelancers, or complete yourself
- Site Structure – work with content team to ensure that the proposed site structure is compliant with the SEO campaign
o Completing what is necessary to improve SEO clients web copy, or assigning it to be completed by freelancers, including:
- Content Writing (SEO optimized, including title tags, meta descriptions and optimized body content)
- Writing new pages and expanding existing to support SEO keywords and comply with Google’s algorithm (500 words minimum)
- Content Editing (SEO optimized, including title tags, meta descriptions and optimized body content)
- Edit content if it is already established for grammatical updates, SEO and best web practices
- Blog Publishing Coordination Responsibilities (13+ hours per week)
o Project Coordination
- Coordination of freelance writing team (about 10 people producing more than 100 posts a month for more than 34 clients .. and growing)
- Review / generate blog post ideas (a month in advance of their due date)
- Edit/audit posts submitted prior to client review (within 48 hours)
- All posts must be error free. Zero grammar mistakes.
- All posts must include a summary/excerpt (one sentence) for social media posting
- All posts must include full SEO on-page optimization, including title tag, meta description, body content optimization
- Management of client delays
- Develop a process to follow up and document our communication with client
- Adhere to guidelines outlined in “Blog Program – Client Introduction Letter” (to be sent separately)
- Submit all posts for approval
- Schedule posts to automatically go live over the next 30 days
- Keep Client Relations and SEO Director up-to-date on unresponsive clients
How to Apply
Please forward the following ONLY to careers [at] paperstreet.com. No phone calls, please.
- Cover letter
- Writing samples (preferably SEO optimized content)
- Date you can start
Last updated: April 2017