If your listing on Google has incorrect information, such as your business name, address, or phone number, there are multiple ways to update it. Use the steps below to guide you through the process.
Option 1: Claim your listing (Best Choice)
This is the best option, as it not only allows you to update the outdated information, but also include additional items like a profile photo and take charge of your listing. Follow the steps below to claim your listing.
1. Log into your Google account
2. Visit http://www.google.com/business/
3. Click the green button “Start Now” in the right corner
4. Search for your business using the exact name that currently appears on Google
5. It should drop down with options, select the page you wish to claim
6. Select the checkbox that you are authorized to manage the business
7. From here, what happens next will vary. You may be prompted to send a postcard for verification, a phone call, or automatically gain control.
8. If you receive a message that someone else controls your listing you can attempt to contact them using the button provided or move to Option 3.
To view your page after it is claimed, visit https://plus.google.com/u/0/dashboard
Option 2: Report a problem
This is a good option to updating a listing of another business that is not your own. Submitting a report does not guarantee it will get updated. To report incorrect information, follow the steps below.
- Search for the business on google.com/maps
- Click on the desired business in the drop down menu
- Click “suggest an edit” at the bottom of the search box
- Click on the item that is incorrect (such as the name or phone number), you can select multiple
- Enter the correct information in the box that appears underneath it
- Add any notes if necessary to the “Other” box
- Click submit
Option 3: Contact Google Support
If you have any issues with claiming a listing or making edits, you can contact a Google rep directly to assist you with the listing. Follow the steps below.
- Log into your Google account that manages, or will manage, your business listing
- Visit https://support.google.com/business/
- Click “Contact Us” in the top right corner
- Click “Call Us” on the window that pops up
- Fill out the information & Click Next
- Enter your contact name, e-mail address you are signed into, and phone number
- Click “call me”
- You will then immediately receive a call on the phone number you entered
If you are still stuck, we are here to help. Contact PaperStreet for all of your internet marketing needs.