THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. THANKS FOR APPLYING.
Want to work with an award-winning, fast-paced team? Want real work-life balance with a 35-hour work week? Want to have your articles published and get websites launched?
If you are a creative self-starter, then apply to join our team as our new Content Marketing Associate.
The ideal candidate is a creative self-starter with excellent writing, editing, communication, organization, and collaboration skills. A background, or understanding, of the legal industry is a plus, but not a requirement. The job is a full-time, remote position on our content team and will report to the Content Manager and Content Director.
You can check us out.
- Serve as project manager on our Essentials / Plus web projects and also on content-only projects
- Work directly with clients to help identify site goals, content structure and execution plan
- Research, write and edit content, including blogs, law firm practice pages, press releases, media pitches and social media posts
- Contribute to content direction, strategy, and idea generation
- Create content hubs for existing law firm clients
- Assist with internal social media and blogging initiatives
- Perform site content analyses
- Consult with clients regarding best practices for content, blogging, usability and information architecture
- Perform content audits and quality control on content aspects of websites
- Research and target publications for client media placement opportunities
- Establish and maintain relationships with reporters and editors from media outlets
- Write articles, guest blogs, forum articles, Q&A answers and other content on behalf of clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Writing, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field with high GPA
- Law degree or legal background preferable
- 2+ years of experience writing web copy, preferably for the legal industry
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Excellent written, copy editing and proofreading skills (a pre-employment writing/editing test is required)
- Superior verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Drive and text-based CMS/HTML editors (especially WordPress)
- Ability to use the computer and internet browsing software independently (the ideal candidate knows how to clear their cache, download software on the computer, manage their own calendar, join virtual conference calls, etc.)
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines (the ideal candidate sets their own reminders and deadlines and can organize their time effectively)
- Extreme attention to detail (the ideal candidate is bothered by misplaced commas, bullets that don’t line up correctly, inconsistent formatting, etc.)
- Extremely flexible with the ability to easily shift priorities
- Can-do attitude in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Understanding of SEO best practices is a plus
- 35-hour work week
- Remote, work from home position
- Salaried position with yearly bonuses
- Flexible time & schedule after first 6 months
- Paid vacation and sick days each year
- Medical, Life, Dental, and Disability Insurance (Florida based employees only)
- SEP IRA (401k) with 2% employer contribution (after 90 days)
How to Apply
Please follow these instructions in detail. This is part of the hiring test and is pass/fail.
- Write a cover letter to careers-content [at] paperstreet . com and include your contact information. Sorry spam bots prevent us from hyperlinking to the email.
- List the subject as: Content Marketing Associate: [insert your name].
- Include two to three writing samples (send as a link in the email or as a PDF attachment)
- Attach your resume as a PDF.
Last updated: April 2017