THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. THANKS FOR APPLYING.
Content Editor / Writer for SEO Team (aka Content Associate)
Do you like to analyze website content? Are you into determining what should be added, edited, deleted, or improved to increase conversions and rankings? Do you like writing the perfect title tag and meta description in order to rank high AND draw interest to a website?
PaperStreet is seeking a Content Editor / Writer to join our SEO team. We are looking for someone who is in love with content and equally enjoys the world of SEO, including reading about best practices, optimizing text, making recommendations for increased improvement, and editing. In this role, you will assist with any and all content tasks related to client projects. You will gain valuable experience in the “real world” design-firm environment and learn about how to rank articles higher in search engine results.
Overall, we are looking for someone who is (1) fun to work with, (2) passionate about content and the web, (3) eager to learn, (4) able to follow directions well, and (5) has a keen attention to detail. If you’re afraid to ask questions, this isn’t the job for you. If you suck on the computer, this isn’t the job for you. If you don’t like analyzing and editing, this isn’t the job for you.
The Content Editor / Writer position is a full-time position in our Fort Lauderdale office. For the right person, remote work is a possibility.
Guidelines & Time Commitment
- 35 hours per week (flexible hours)
- Located in our Fort Lauderdale office, but remote work is a possibility for the right candidate
Content Editor / Writer Responsibilities
- Content Analysis (for new and/or existing clients)
- Auditing websites to determine if the content and page structure supports pre-determined keywords
- Updating the site architecture (either in Microsoft Word or live in WordPress) to reflect the results of the audit
- Content Writing & Content Editing
- Writing content for clients on an as-needed basis, for example, blurbs on the home page, practice area descriptions, firm summaries for social media accounts, etc.
- Writing on a bi-monthly basis for the PaperStreet blog platform
- On-Page Optimization
- Optimizing core content on the website by adding keywords into the copy and creating a title tag and meta description
- Writing summaries and titles for videos in YouTube
- Assisting clients with their SEO blogging needs
- Overseeing SEO Content Performance of all SEO Campaigns
- Reporting on any issues related to the content of current clients (poor title tags, insufficient word count on pages, etc.)
- Updating copy for existing clients after Google updates, as needed
- Recommending new practices as updates come forth and best practices change
- Recommending updates for archaic or outdated campaigns
- Other Duties
- Assisting with drafting PPC landing pages to increase conversions
- Staying current on the latest social media strategies and tactics
- Assisting with social media content tasks (updating social media accounts with SEO copy)
Content Editor / Writer Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, or Journalism
- Existing knowledge of best practices of SEO and the internet, especially as they relate to content. If you do not have prior SEO knowledge, then a genuine interest to learn.
- Expert level attention to detail
- 2+ years of copy/writing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and comfortable working in text-based CMS/HTML editors (especially WordPress)
- Candidates should enjoy working in a team environment and must work collaboratively with others (this position will work directly with the Internet Marketing Director and Link Authority & Social Manager)
- Ability to handle large volumes of projects quickly
- Full-time, 35 hrs/week
Full-Time Employee Benefits
- 35 Hour Work Week
- Salaried Position with Yearly Bonuses
- Flexible Time & Schedule
- Sick / Personal Time Each Year
- Paid Vacation and Additional Days Each Year
- Medical, Life, Dental, and Disability Insurance
- SEP IRA (401k) with 2% Employer Contribution
How to Apply
Follow these instructions exactly. Your email is part of the hiring test and is pass/fail.
- No phone calls.
- Write an email to careers [at] paperstreet.com.
- List the subject as: Content Editor / Writer for the SEO Team: [YOUR NAME]. Obviously, change “Your Name” to be Your Name.
- Include a short, one-paragraph description about yourself in the email. Be funny, be witty, be serious, be whatever, just be you.
- Include your contact information at the end of the email.
- Include any relevant writing samples, projects or website links.
- Attach your resume as a PDF.
PaperStreet creates new websites and revitalizes aging ones. We offer our clients, 90% of them lawyers, internet marketing services that include search engine optimization, content writing and website design. Our office is located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida where we have approximately 20 employees. In addition, we have remote employees all over the world (Argentina, Georgia, Arizona – to name a few). We’re a team of 30 and we are all are committed to fast client service, a solution-oriented approach and a creative and engaging work environment.
Last updated: April 2017
Related Articles in Content, PaperStreet,
- Channeling Marie Kondo: Why the KonMari System of Web Project Management is Perfect for Your Law Firm