Content and Developer Assistant
PaperStreet is looking for a content and development assistant to help finalize our websites and make them perfect. We are seeking someone who fast on a computer for data entry; it also helps if you are accurate.
In this role, you will assist the content and development team with updating content and images on websites. You will also help run reports, analyze for errors, fix broken links, create redirects, and help organize content. It is a lot, but you will help make our websites perfect for launch.
Overall, we are looking for someone who is fun to work with, passionate about development and the web, and wants to learn. The job would be for a fulltime position on development team. You also have the chance to advance in the development department to become a full developer.
Who We Are
PaperStreet creates new web sites and revitalizes aging ones. In addition to creating web sites that are engaging, we also have a knack for getting results. PaperStreet has been designing websites since 2001. Our company has produced over 1,200 custom web sites, mostly for law firms. We also help clients write content and market their practices.
Guidelines & Time Commitment
- 35 to 50 hours per week (flexible hours)
- Ability to work within standard business hours (around 9am to 5pm EST, but we are flexible).
The following are your responsibilities. We will train, but need you to be fast and accurate.
- Updating Content on Various Websites. This can include text updates and images.
- Use of WordPress and our own Total Control content system.
- Checking Websites for Quality.
- Running Reports and Analyzing for Errors.
- Fixing Broken Links (internal and external).
- Updating Slugs, Anchor Links, Email Links, Video Links and well . . . lots of links.
- Creating Redirects for Old Pages.
- Setting up Multilingual Websites for content.
- Creating basic Title tags and meta descriptions.
- Reorganizing content as needed.
The following experience helps, but mainly we need you to be fast and accurate with data.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and comfortable working in text-based CMS/HTML editors like WordPress.
- Genuine interest in creating perfect websites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to read and follow directions is a must.
- Ability to handle large volumes of projects quickly across various websites.
- Expert level attention to detail is essential.
Full-Time Hourly Rate Benefits
- Full-time – Hourly Rate
- 35 to 40 Hour Work Week
- Flexible Time & Schedule
Possible Future Benefits Once Salaried
These benefits are not immediately available. Once you become full-time and salaried employee, these benefits are available.
- Sick / Personal Time Each Year
- Paid Vacation and additional days each year
- Medical, Life, Dental, and Disability Insurance
- SEP IRA (401k) with 2% employer contribution
How to Apply
Follow these instructions in detail. This is part of the hiring test and is pass/fail.
- No phone calls.
- Write an email to careers [at] paperstreet.com
- List the subject as “PaperStreet Content / Developer Assistant: YOUR NAME”. Obviously change Your Name to be Your Name and leave out the quotes.
- Include a short, one-paragraph, email about yourself in the email. Be funny, be witty, be serious, be whatever, just be you.
- Include your contact information in the email at the end.
- Attach your resume as a PDF.
Related Articles in PaperStreet,
- Channeling Marie Kondo: Why the KonMari System of Web Project Management is Perfect for Your Law Firm