In a digital world, it’s still common to see businesses handling their own Internet marketing with little experience or an overall strategy. However, appointing a dedicated digital guru to assist your firm is critical if you want to 1) maximize your results and 2) get back to what you do best – practicing law. But why bother employing an Internet marketing campaign at all?
Well, we do live in the digital age and forecasts for the New Year all point to signs that the Internet will continue to be a vital platform for attracting, keeping and engaging with clients. Need further proof? We’ve got it. Below are five reasons why you need a solid Internet marketing strategy in 2018:
- Return on Investment – There’s a price tag associated with Internet marketing. You’re paying for ad space or bids through channels like Pay-Per-Click (PPC) or social media at a competitive rate for law firms. Without a well thought out strategy, your budget will be spent ineffectively and you’ll see little to no return.
- The Market Is Saturated – Your competitors are likely well immersed in Internet marketing. With more than 84% of all searching conducted through Google, your potential customer is online and so are other firms in your city. Don’t be phased out because of poor planning or lack of resources.
- Know Your Customers – Analytics and digital performance metrics are a great way to measure how your customers engage with your content, messaging and how much/little time they’re spending on your site. Engaging in a strong digital marketing strategy allows you to learn about your target demographic and gather key information about who is most likely to become a lead.
- You’re Not Ahead – If your marketing strategy isn’t strong now, there’s no way you can maximize your performance and then stay in the forefront of the next big thing on the Internet. As we all know, there’s always a new shiny toy out there and a platform that becomes imperative to be on.
- Definition = Direction – Once you define your overall marketing strategy, it’s seamless to have the right team in place to execute and bring your goals to fruition. Your goals should be measurable, realistic and trackable.
Get the right team to know your business, set up and manage the most effective campaigns and be able to meet all promised goals and performance metrics.