PaperStreet Web Design seeks an experienced legal web writer to craft high-end web copy, attorney bios, practice pages, blogs, press releases and other web content for law firm clients. This is a freelance, telecommuting position.
PaperStreet creates new web sites and revitalizes aging ones. Located in downtown Fort Lauderdale, Florida, we are a custom web design studio with clients worldwide. We have designed over 750 web sites in the past 10 years for law firms, doctors and businesses. Primarily, we do web design and internet marketing for law firms. Check out our website at http://www.paperstreet.com
Ideal candidate will have:
- J.D. degree
- Minimum of two years of experience writing web copy for the legal industry
- Knowledge of law practice, legal terminology and industry jargon
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or related field
- Superior copy editing and proofreading skills
- Understanding of SEO techniques
- Ability to effectively integrate client materials into web copy, and to generate new content based on client interviews
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and turn assignments around quickly
- Ability to devote 10+ hours per week and interest in long-term, steady work
How to Apply
Follow these instructions in detail. This is part of the hiring test and truly is pass/fail.
Please do the following to make our life easy. Qualified applicants will be asked to complete a short editing test.
- Email fun [at] paperstreet.com: “Freelance Legal Web Content Writer – Your Name” as the Subject line. Change Your Name, to your actual name. Also, don’t put in any quotes.
- Write a few customized paragraphs about yourself in the actual email about why we should choose you. Don’t send a generic form letter. Sell us on your qualifications.
- Attach your resume as a PDF.
- Attach your writing samples as a PDF.
Sorry, no Word docs or embedded resumes – they will be deleted. Put the PDF’s as attachments only.
Please, no phone calls or stopping into the office. Good luck.