Thank you for your interest! This position has been filled.
PaperStreet Web Design seeks an Editor to assist content team with editing, organization, search optimization, and other content-related duties. The Web Content Editor/Assistant will report to the Content Director. They will support the content team with editing and administrative duties. This is either a full-time, or part-time, on-site position in Ft. Lauderdale.
PaperStreet creates new web sites and revitalizes aging ones. Located in downtown Fort Lauderdale, Florida, we are a custom web design studio with clients worldwide. We have designed over 750 web sites in the past 10 years for law firms, doctors and businesses. Primarily, we do web design and internet marketing for law firms. Check out our website at http://www.paperstreet.com
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Writing, Journalism or related field
- Excellent academic record
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Willingness to learn web writing and SEO principles
- Ability to juggle multiple projects/assignments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Job duties will include:
- Content audits
- Editing of blog posts and press releases
- SEO edits and on-page optimization
- Site structure and master content file set up
- Proofing and formatting web copy
- Support to content team
Working at PaperStreet has some sweet job perks.
While we work hard, we value your free time. We want to be able to enjoy life and provide for a rewarding career.
- We offer a 35-hour work week and initial two-weeks off per year. This is a full time position, but we really do value free time and want you out of the office each day on time.
- We offer a competitive compensation package, including free medical benefits (after a 90 day probation period).
- We live in Sunny South Florida where the current temperature is 85 degrees (in the middle of December). Have fun outside year round!
- We work in a cubicle-free work environment in our open office space; a fun, work-hard/play hard atmosphere (we throw around movie-quotes like it’s nobody’s business).
- Flexible schedule, work your 7 hours per day anytime between 8am and 7pm. There is no travel needed for this position, however, a qualified candidate must be in the Fort Lauderdale area and be able to commute to our office.
How to Apply
Follow these instructions in detail. This is part of the hiring test and truly is pass/fail.
Please do the following to make our life easy. Qualified applicants will be asked to complete a short editing test.
- Email fun [at] paperstreet.com: “Web Content Editor – Your Name” as the Subject line. Change Your Name, to your actual name. Also, don’t put in any quotes.
- Write a few customized paragraphs about yourself in the actual email about why we should choose you. Don’t send a generic form letter. Sell us on your qualifications.
- Attach your resume as a PDF.
- Attach your writing samples as a PDF.
Sorry, no Word docs or embedded resumes – they will be deleted. Put the PDF’s as attachments only.
Please, no phone calls or stopping into the office. Good luck.